The RICH INVESTOR
“How to Avoid Common Mistakes and Build Wealth”
Author: Arjun Parthasarathy
Publisher: Vision Books
The theme of this book is that “Most investors make everyone else rich — but not themselves”.
How will the RICH INVESTOR help you in your investing career?
Investors cannot change the nature of the markets. However, they can profit by changing the way they look at investments. This book is about common sense investing. It points out the common mistakes made by investors and suggests ways to rectify them.
The book is divided into eleven chapters with each chapter highlighting a common investment theme and then suggesting ways to rectify the attendant mistakes. Each chapter is accompanied by a cartoon that visually depicts the theme of the chapter. Notable takeaways include:
1. Not enough thought is given by investors when investing their hard earned money. The whole financial services industry thrives on that mistake.
2. The most irrational behavior is entrusting your investments to relatives and friends who are not professionals in the field of investments.
3. You are the best timer of the market for your investments.
4. Any market participant earnings fees and commissions from your investments will always tell you to “stay invested”.
5. It is worth paying for good independent analysis if you are serious about investing.
6. Once you have seen the broader picture, it makes sense to avoid micromanaging to the last rupee.
7. Investment product manufacturers thrive on making investment products as complicated as possible.
Hopefully, by the end of the book, you would have learnt how to make investments work for you and not for others. As an investor, you are the least protected of the lot while those who benefit from your mistakes are protected by policy makers and regulators as was seen in the case of the US. Take care of yourself first.
Price and other details
The price of the book is Rs 250/- including delivery changes (within India) and you can purchase the signed copy of the book by clicking on the link below. The book will be delivered within seven days of purchase.